RAAF Base Townsville
A key Air Force forward operating base and home to a significant proportion of Australia’s Army Aviation forces.
- Replacement of potable water mains
- Separation and installation of dedicated fire mains
- Building refurbishment works, and additional transit living-in accommodation
- Replacement and upgrade of HV cabling, substation, building works
- Replacement and upgrade of ICT pit and pipe, communication rooms and racks.
Townsville Field Training Area
A regionally significant training area, principally for the support of the 3rd Brigade (based in Townsville), but also utilised by forces from the remainder of Australia and overseas during larger-scale exercises.
- New Fanning Entry Sector (building and civil works)
- BEAP upgrades (water, sewer, electrical, kitchens).
Home to the Arafura Class patrol vessel and a critical port for protection of Australia’s Northern and Eastern maritime corridors.
- Reconfiguration of the fire services including a new northern ring main, tanks and pumps interconnected to the existing southern ring main
- Partial replacement and augmentation of the existing water supply network
- Installation of Gross Pollutant Traps (GPTs)
- BEAP works (sewer and sewer refurbishment, electrical).
Current works packages can be found at: North Queensland Mid Term Refresh Program (icn.org.au)
For more information on the NQMTR project, including future procurement and employment opportunities, email NQMTR@cpbcon.com.au
CPB Contractors' Commitment to North Queensland
Key to the successful delivery of the NQMTR project is CPB’s locally-based design and construction teams. With more than 25 years delivering Defence projects in Cairns and Townsville, CPB has enduring links into the North Queensland community.
Defence projects delivered by CPB in the region include Townsville Army Aviation Works, Lavarack Barracks (Stages 2, 3, 4), RAAF Base Townsville and HMAS Cairns Redevelopment. CPB Contractors is also the Managing Contractor for delivery of the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI) facilities project in North Queensland. The ASMTI project will see development of a 310,000 hectare training area near Greenvale, approximately 200km north-west of Townsville for use by the Australian Defence Force and Singapore Armed Forces.